25 April, 2008
Macaroni and Cheese with Ground Beef RecipePosted in : Macaroni and Cheese with Ground Beef on by : admin
- 8 ounces macaroni, uncooked
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 envelope cheese sauce mix (1 1/4 ounces)
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped mild green chiles
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- Cook macaroni as directed on package, drain.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef with onion, stirring to break up. Drain off excess fat.
- Stir in dry cheese sauce mix, milk, and mayonnaise. Add chiles and cooked macaroni; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon macaroni mixture into a 1 1/2-quart casserole. Melt butter, stir in crumbs and parsley flakes. Sprinkle over casserole. Bake at 375 degrees farenheit for 20 to 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
This recipe serves 4 to 6 people.