25 April, 2008
Bacon Macaroni and Cheese RecipePosted in : Bacon Macaroni and Cheese on by : admin
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/4 pound bacon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 1/2 cups, about 6 ounces, shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Cook macaroni in boiling salted water as package directs. Drain the cooking liquid into a 2 cup measure. If necessary, add more water to make 2 cups.
- Fry bacon, remove to paper towels to drain. Drain off all but 1 tablespoon of bacon fat, add 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in flour. Slowly stir in evaporated milk and 2 cups water.
- Stirring constantly, bring mixture to the boiling point; season with salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and onion. Add cheese and continue to heat over low heat until cheese is melted. Add cooked macaroni; mix well. Serve with crumbled bacon on top.
This recipe makes 4 servings.